Hike To Cure in collaboration with Lebanese Wanderers proudly organize a hike at Tannourine Cedars Forest Nature Reserve for AL - YOUNBOUH.
Tannourine Cedars Forest Nature Reserve protects one of the largest and densest cedar forests in Lebanon. Eighty percent of the trees in the forest are cedars. The unique geography and topography of the forest has sheltered the area from excessive tourist activity. As well it contains 25% of Cedars trees in Lebanon.
Hikers will enjoy the opportunity to discover rock-cut or naturally occurring grottos on their hike, as well as rare flowers particular to this high altitude terrain.
PROGRAM OF THE DAY:
We will gather at 9:30 a.m. near the entrance of the Reserve at Tannourine, at a local guest house where a briefing about the hiking rules will be addressed to the hikers. As well water, apples, snacks, and SAJ will be offered to the hikers. Then, we will start wandering toward Trail 4 which is about 5 Km (refer to the Reserve map), along the route kids from Al - Younbouh will meet us near the binocular situated 1 Km if Trail 3 is taken (refer to the Reserve map). Then hikers will continue wandering Trail 4 to cross around 1 Km of Trail 3 and around 0.8 Km of Trail 2. The hiking route is likely circular, so the start line and the finish one are the same.
Once finishing the trail, you will have the oppurtunity to help Al-Younbouh kids to plant cedar trees where each tree planted will hold a kid name. Before leaving, you can rest at the guest house and grab a sandwich and a soft drink.
- Target Length: 7 Km.
- Altitude: 1500 to 2000 m.
- Trail guides and scouts will be available along the way.
- Track Duration: 3 to 4 hours.
- The trail is not a physically demanding one, families and kids are welcomed.
Buses Depart from:
• Notre Dame University, Zouk Mosbeh at 7:45 A.M. SHARP
• New Public Garden Parking, Jbeil facing KEYBAR Restaurant at 8:15 A.M. SHARP
WHAT TO GET
1. Hiking boots or comfortable boots
2. Bag pack
4. Extra Sweat shirt
6. Healthy snacks to boost you energy (e.g. Dried Fruits
7. Light Jacket
Don’t forget your camera ;)
All proceeds raised from this hike will go to Al - YOUNBOUH.
- Transportation ( Zouk Mosbeh / Jbeil )
- Water, Apple, & Snacks
- Breakfast ( SAJ )
- Professional Guiding
- Forest Entrance fees
Buy your tickets from any virgin branch or through OMT.
You can also buy your tickets through:
- Our website: http://www.ticketingboxoffice.com/hike-to-cure-walk-for-al-younbouh-tickets/event/9262
- Our app: