Things you didn’t know about Gigi Hadid that will make you love her even more
1. The model was born as Jelena Noura Hadid, but her mother gave her the nickname Gigi at a very young age and it stuck.
2. One of her lifelong dreams was to walk the Victoria’s Secret runway and she made that dream come true.
3. Gigi’s modelling career started at a very young age. She landed her first modelling gig with Guess when she was only two years old and went on to star in Guess Kids.
4. Gigi is of Dutch and Palestinian descent. Her mom Yolanda, a Dutch supermodel, and dad Mohammad, a very successful property developer, divorced when Gigi was young but remain good friends.
5. Modeling runs in her family. As we previously mentioned, Gigi’s mom was a supermodel. Both of her daughters, Gigi and Bella, turned out to be models as well.
6. Gigi is the only one of her siblings who doesn’t suffer from Lyme disease. Her mum Yolanda, sister Bella and brother Anwar all suffer from the illness.
7. Aside from modeling, Gigi also worked as an actress for a short while. The blue eyed beauty appeared in the 2011 short film Virgin Eyes.
8. Fan favorite besties Gigi and Kendall are a lot closer than you think. Gigi’s step-dad David Foster is Kendall and Kylie Jenner’s half-brother’s former step-dad. Basically, David Foster was once married to supermodel Linda Thompson. Linda, prior to that, was married to Bruce Jenner (now Caitlyn Jenner). They had two sons Brandon and Brody Jenner and David helped to raise them when Bruce then went on to marry Kris Kardashian Jenner.
9. Hadid is not all about looks like most people think she is. Zayn Malik’s bae actually wanted to study criminal psychology at The New School in New York prior to her modelling career taking off.
10. Gigi has broken the best friend code. The model previously dated Joe Jonas, who happens to be Taylor Swift’s ex. Although Tay said she was fine with it on multiple occasions, we have a feeling it might have been a white lie.
11. Gigi does not let anyone walk all over her. The model is not afraid of speaking her mind and proved it in an Instagram post directed towards haters as she promoted body pride.